< Back to team
Prof Ian Masters
Engineering, computer modelling, design and development of wave and tidal renewable energy technology
Member, Management Committee, EPSRC UK Centre for Marine Energy Research (UKCMER)
Member, Research Advisory Board, Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
Member, National Committee, BSI PEL/114 Marine Energy
- The world first 10MW tidal stream array by Siemens / Marine Current Turbines on Anglesey, North Wales.
- The world first 320MW tidal lagoon at Swansea Bay by Swansea based Tidal Lagoon (Swansea Bay) plc.
- Wales’ first tidal stream demonstrator deployment in Pembrokeshire by Tidal Energy Limited.
- The development of Wales’ first wave energy array at Pembrokeshire, West Wales by Marine Energy Limited.
- The development of Wales’ first demonstrator nursery test site in Milford Haven Estuary;
- The design, fabrication and testing of a highly innovative prototype wave energy device by Swansea based Marine Power Systems Ltd.
- Feasibility studies of three community scale tidal impoundment schemes at Carew Mill Pembrokeshire, Tenby Harbour and Saundersfoot Harbour.
- The 7GW Severn tidal barrage scheme, designed to provide 5% of the UK’s electrical energy.