Dr Bjornar Sandnes
Multiphase flows involving gases, liquids and granular materials are complex and difficult to control. Our agenda is to uncover how small scale fundamental physical interactions give rise to large scale flow patterning and transport.
- Emergence and pattern formation in out-of-equilibrium systems.
- Multiphase flows.
- Granular materials, force chains, segregation and self-organization in granular flows.
- Gas invasion and fracturing of deformable porous media.
- CCS: Migration and trapping of carbon dioxide in the subsurface.
- Flow in porous media, solute transport.
- Phase Change Materials for seasonal solar energy storage.