Prof Andrew R. Barron
Founder and Director of ESRI Sêr Cymru Chair
- Applied Inorganic Chemistry Medal - 2013
- World Technology Award - 2011
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Nanotechnology - 2011
- Prince of Wales Visiting Innovator - 2009
- Welch Foundation Norman Hackerman Award - 2002
- Nanotechnology: energy and environmental applications.
- Carbon capture and sequestration: water free stimulation, very large scale decarbonisation.
- Solar energy: quantum dot cells, AR coatings.
- Water: non-fouling membranes, produced water treatment, humanitarian water treatment and metal recovery.
- Electrical transmission: CNT quantum wire, selective growth of CNTs.
- Energy policy: Shale oil and gas, hydraulic fracturing, water resources, solar technology.
Knowledge transfer activities
- Technology for geological CO2 sequestration.
- Chemical processes for solar cell manufacture.
- Mobile filtration units for oil industry.
- Water treatment and metal removal for humanitarian applications.