Dr Meghdad Fazeli
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Nottingham University, 2011
- Wind Generation-Energy Storage Control Mechanisms for Autonomous Grids
- First author in more than 10 papers n published in respected journals including IEEE Transaction on Energy Conversion and IEEE Transaction on Smart Grids
- Reviewer in different IEEE journals
- IEEE member
- Integration of renewable energy units with the grid.
- Distributed generation and Smart-grids.
- Demand Side Management.
- Multi-terminal HVDC.
- Variable speed drives.
- Integration and control of Energy Storage mechanism.
- DC grids and DC homes.
Recent Research Activities
- Dynamic Droop controlled wind and solar generation units for islanded grids.
- Increases the captured energy n compared to conventional droop n control.
- Ongoing stability studies.
- Local voltage support/control using PV inverters.
- Particularly useful in weak grids i.e. n rural area.
- Rating of the inverter must not be n exceeded.
- Stability must be taken into account
- Micro-grids operations:
- Grid connected, islanded and n transition from one to the other.