Prof Darren L. Oatley-Radcliffe
- Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Chair: IChemE Fluids Separations SIG
- 10 years industrial experience in pharmaceuticals
- ‘Commendation’ IChemE Innovation and Excellence awards 2013
- ‘Vanguard’ GSK Sustainability awards 2009
- Membranes and membrane technologies.
- MF, UF, NF and RO modelling and optimisation.
- Water production and purification including desalination and wastewater remediation.
- Purification of natural products from plants and microorganisms.
- Algae production and fractionation for high value products and biofuels (the bio-refinery concept).
- High value metals recovery from industrial waste streams and seawater brines.
Natural resources are finite and methodologies for resource management including recovery and reuse are essential to sustain our way of life. Sustainable control of vital commodities such as water, nutrients for agriculture, medicines and metals for technology are key to delivering a healthy environment for future generations. My research is targeted at delivering a holistic approach to production of these vital raw materials; from improvements in reactor design to novel downstream processing methodologies for the design, optimisation and scale-up of modern processes for the chemical and bioprocessing sectors.