Dr Mary H Gagen
- Core Member, PAGES (Past Global Changes) EuroMed2K. PAGES is a core project of the global sustainability science program Future Earth.
- Member, Natural Environmental Research Council (NERC) Peer Review College.
- Science Communication: Deputy Director of the Oriel Science gallery Swansea
- Co-founder of the Swansea University Science for Schools Scheme
- Climate change, palaeoclimate reconstruction, stable isotope analysis of natural materials.
- Palaeoclimate reconstruction using stable isotopic analysis of natural archives.
- Development of the first high-resolution palaeoclimate proxy for past changes in cloudiness.
- Forced and unforced climate variability as evidenced in palaeoclimate records.
- Forest Health: decline syndromes in English Oak woodland, in collaboration with Forest Research UK, Woodland Heritage and DEFRA.